Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Heath

Have you ever had the thought that teachers don’t have a life outside of school? Well i’m here to prove that wrong with Ms. Heath.

Angelica Heath is 31 years old and works at Carlson as an English teacher for 10th and 11th graders. Although Ms Heath is currently an English teacher, that isn’t exactly what she had planned growing up. Growing up, she lived in Dearborn and ended up moving around third grade and has stayed in the Brownstown, Michigan area since then.  As a kid, Ms Heath wanted to be a veterinarian. She wanted to become one because she grew up obsessed with dogs and animals. Let’s explore some more of her favorite things!

Favorite season: Summer, because she can garden her flowers and fruits. She specifically loves gardening her strawberries as shown in this photo!!

Favorite activities: going up north, gardening, hiking, snowmobiling, and being on the lake.

Favorite food: Thai food.

Favorite music genre: Country music, and one of her favorite artists is Dustin Lynch.

Favorite childhood memory: Having bonfires and going fishing up north with her grandparents.

I know personally whenever I see Ms. Heath, she always happens to be with her bestfriends: Mrs. Begeman and Mrs. Plozai. I asked her how they all became friends, and she said “because we work here in the same department duh”. This response shows her personality very well, being one of her many strengths. Along with socializing, having a strong work ethic in general, very organized, extremely hygienic, basically meaning that she makes sure her toes are nicely looking,and last but not least she is always an honest person. Do you agree? Lets see what some of our Carlson students think of Ms Heath.

Voices from the classroom:

• Zhane Hammons, one of Ms Heaths 3rd hour students, said “she is really sweet and I love her outfits”
  • Gabbie Barmore said, “Ms. heath is like my best friend basically and i can tell her anything”.
  • Sophia Seifert said, “Shes awesome sauce and she happens to be my cousin”

I may have given a lot of information on Ms heath but there are still some things many might not know about her. 

“What is something people may not know about you?”

She told me that she has a scar on her face because she was bitten by a dog as a kid. When she was young, she took a rawhide bone away from a dog and it bit her around the mouth. Her mom had to take her to the ER and gave her 12 stitches and she recalls it being a terrible experience. Another thing people don’t know that Ms Heath speaks fluently in Italian.

I really enjoyed finding out more about Ms. Heath and I hope you all had as much fun reading this as I did. Leave a comment down below if you learned something new about Ms. Heath!

By: Diana Fry