Walking Through History 

As we know everyone wears shoes but does everyone know the history of them?… the earliest known pair of shoes goes all the way back to the 7000-8000 BC and were made from bark.

There are a lot of different kinda of shoe brands from Nike, Adidas, and New Balance, all the way to the up-and-coming brands like Crocs, and berks but they didn’t become the most popular overnight. For instance, Nike’s selling shoe is the Air Force 1 its shows that they sold over 10 million pairs PER YEAR!! That is insane, in fact, Nike has the most selling shoe in the WORLD.

Going all the way back to Early 12,000 BC where they would carve wood to make shoes. Then shortly after they would start to make the shoes out of silk and cotton. In the 20th century more female shoes started to come around such as heels and men started to make shoes with bigger soles.

And now we are here making shoes out of leather, cotton, wool, and nylon some are even made out of rubber and foam depending on the shoe.

Now that you know some of the history of shoes lets see what students’ favorite shoes are!!

Sincere Kemokai said his favorite shoe was 

“Dunks because they are cheap”

Ms. Cramton said her favorite shoe was “berks because they are easy to wear”

4 replies to Walking Through History 

1. The history of shoes is fascinating, I have never thought about that before. I was shocked to hear how many Air Forces are sold!

2. I did not know that shoes were that popular back then, that was very instresting.

3. I can agree with Mrs. Crampton that Birkenstock’s are easy to wear. I also would want a pair of dunks I like all of the different color ways.

4. I liked the interviews because it showed what people like to wear and why.