6 Valentine’s Day Activities To Do With Friends Or Date This Year

Do you find yourself struggling to think of date ideas for Valentine’s Day? Or fun things to do with your friends during Valentine’s Day that aren’t romantic but also distract you guys from all the other couples because you guys are single? Don’t worry, I am in the second situation as well. That is why today I’m here to give people like you and me some fun things to do on Valentine’s Day with friends or your valentine.

Galentines: A fun thing to do with friends is hosting your guy’s own Galentines! I’ve seen these on social media and they’re a really fun thing to do with some of your best friends. Everyone can bring treats to make or decorate such as chocolate-covered strawberries, cookie decorating, cake decorating, brownies, or rice crispy treats, and take cute pictures together.  It’s also a great opportunity to bring you and your friends together!

Coffee Date: Another date idea is a Coffee Date either at home or a local coffee shop. This is perfect for both your friends or date because it allows you guys to catch up and is super inexpensive. Some local coffee shops are Starbucks, Biggby, Dunkin Donuts, Treat You Batter located in Dearborn, and Jabal Coffee. 

Museum Date: A museum date is also perfect for both friends and your date because there’s always going to be something interesting going on at any museum you decide to go to. They’re also accessible to everyone and an inexpensive idea. Whether you go to an art museum, a history museum, or a science museum, it allows you guys to find mutual interests and gain new knowledge together. Museums in Detroit such as the Detroit Institute Of Arts, and Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation are some great ones to visit!

Escape Room: A good idea to do with your date is an escape room. Escape rooms provide collaborative skills and are way more fun rather than the typical “Dinner and a movie” date on Valentine’s day. It also can establish a better relationship between you and your date because you’re relying on each other to escape. Escape rooms are also typically 1-2 hours so it’s the perfect amount of time to do a fun activity after going to dinner. One of the best escape rooms I’ve ever been to was located in Ann Arbor and was called Breakout Escape Rooms in Ann Arbor. There were multiple different types of escape rooms and also had great and very helpful staff. Some more local escape rooms that have good reviews are located in Flatrock and Lincoln Park and are called Escape The Post, and Mystery Escapes

Movies: Of course, the typical “movie date” is still an option as well. Although some may not prefer the movies on Valentine’s Day it’s still an easy and reliable plan. The new movie Anyone But You, is a great movie to watch on Valentine’s Day with either your friends or date. I personally went and watched the movie with my friend and absolutely loved it. It is now one of my favorite rom coms and I highly recommend it! It also has some great reviews. Tyler Skeen says “Best rom-com in years. So refreshing to have two new great faces who are stars in Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell. Shot in our beautiful country of Australia! Wow.” Vincent Hutton also loved this movie and said “This movie is, by far, the best one I have watched this year, even though we are only in the first weekend of that said year. That said, I thought there were a number of great one-liners and punchlines that had me chuckling throughout. You just cannot beat a good RomCom that has a storyline equally balanced with Romance and comedy with just a smidgen of cheese thrown into the mix to create the perfect recipe.”

Shopping: Lastly, we can’t forget about going shopping. This is something that I would most likely do with my friends rather than my date on Valentine’s Day but is acceptable to do with either. Some good malls that have a very wide range of stores and food places are Somerset Mall and Great Lakes Crossing Outlets. If you rather go shopping somewhere more local Woodward Avenue in Detroit has multiple stores such as Nike, Lululemon, Bonobos, City Slickers Shoes, and Spectacles.

In conclusion, there are many different things you can do during the Valentine’s Day season regardless of being single or not. So I hope that this helped give you some ideas and motivated you to celebrate with friends as well! 

By: Nora Carlton

Word Count: 782