Homecoming Proposals

Every teenage girl has the dream of being asked to homecoming with a cute sign. When September comes around you see people posting it all over social media and you can always see how creative everyone gets. Carlson has never stopped this amazing tradition and so far the ones this year have been super cute!

Sofia Witkowski and Preston Sornig

Sofia’s a big Taylor Swift fan, so Preston played it smart by making the proposal all about her favorite artist. Using a meaningful quote from Taylor Swift’s song “Would’ve, Could’ve, Should’ve,” he made a thoughtful and personalized poster.

Sofia’s POV:” So I got to his house and we were sitting in his living room, then he asked me if I wanted to go his room and he said he would race me there, so he ran super fast to his room and when I walked in the room he was already in there and he was holding the sign.”

Bree Shimizu and Owen Straub

Bree and Owen had a different situation than most people but it ended up looking great in the end. They are going as friends rather than a couple so the poster was more light-hearted. He used funny photos instead of cute ones but made it up to her by bringing Starbucks.Bree’s POV: ¨Well I knew he was gonna ask me at some point because we planned on going together already but I didn’t know when or how he was gonna do it. I had a feeling it was gonna happen that day and then the moments leading up to it I was almost 100% sure he was gonna do it because he was taking so long to come over and then I saw that he was at Kroger and I assumed it was either for flowers or Starbucks (it was Starbucks). When he walked up I just started laughing because the pictures were so terrible and I knew he would do something funny because that’s the kind of guy he is.¨

Joe Krolak and Kailey Sennet

Joe asked Kailey, who goes to Woodhaven, to go to homecoming with him and she said yes! Not only did he ask her perfectly, but he also connected it to them going to light lanterns later that night. Kailey’s POV: “He came to my door and waited there for over 30 minutes because I was told to get ready and my mom refused to answer the door, she just kept wanting me to answer it but I was getting ready so I didn’t answer it for 30 minutes later.. where he stood on my front porch with a sign that said “light up my night at hoco?” and with the prettiest flowers. I told him yes then made him come into the house because the mosquitoes were bad and kept flying on his face. Then I continued to stand there with my mouth open because I was too stunned to speak. I felt bad after because I literally just stood there with my mouth open and couldn’t form any words.”

Gabby Browning and Charlie Huntoon

Gabby’s passion for Taylor Swift was well-known, so when Charlie planned his homecoming proposal, he went all out, leveraging Taylor Swift’s songs in a creative and thoughtful way. He carefully assigned colors and themes to each song he referenced, making the proposal a personalized and memorable experience for Gabby. It was a perfect blend of her love for Taylor Swift and their relationship, making the invitation to homecoming truly special. The poster said, “Will you bring me Peace and go have an Enchanted night with me at Hoco so that when we have Paper Rings we can tell our Love Story?.” 
Gabby’s POV: “I was coming home from work and I walked into my room and flowers and the sign was sitting on my bed then he said ´So will you’”   

Avery Coggins and Harry Policherla

Harry knew Avery was a big fan of Frank Ocean, so when it came to planning a memorable homecoming proposal, the theme was a no-brainer. He used an artist/song theme like most people but what set this one aside is that he even played a song in the background of asking her. Avery’s POV: “It was when I got home from volleyball and he was coming over and he texted me to come outside and he was outside playing the song Lost by Frank Ocean holding a sign that said “FRANKly I’d be LOST without you at hoco” and had orange roses”

Natalie Daughtery and Aiden Bailey

Natalie and Aiden got creative with their Homecoming proposal! Aiden didn’t just go for a sign – he wrote his message in the sand and got a picture of it. Plus, he had their special song in the background for that extra romantic vibe. It was a fun and unique way for them to share their joy!

Natalie’s POV: “He surprised me at my door at 8:45 and was playing our song “The Kind of Love We Make” by Luke Combs with the picture around his neck and flowers and he asked me then we hugged and talked and whatever”

Lillian Raines and Matt MacBride

Lillian and Matt’s special moment was filled with thoughtful details that made it unforgettable. Matt, wanting everything to be just perfect, chose their four-month anniversary as the ideal day to ask the question, adding an extra layer of sentiment to the occasion. The meticulous planning and the timing made the proposal both charming and heartwarming.Lillian’s POV: “So September 20th Matt and I hit our 4 months, and we give each other a little gift every time we hit a new month, and he thought it would be a nice idea for my 4-month gift to ask me to hoco!”

Proposal Themes

Homecoming proposals hold a special place for everyone, and each one is unique in its own way. Those involved put a lot of thought into the timing, method, and approach to ask the other person. It’s a wonderful display of creativity and consideration, with individuals often incorporating themes such as music artists, meaningful moments, or shared interests. Regardless of the theme chosen, the end result is always a beautiful and memorable moment that celebrates the joy of togetherness.

By: Hannah Krolak; Hannah loves the idea of creating and being surprised with a poster.

5 replies to Homecoming Proposals

1. I love this, I love seeing all of the creative ways people came up with.

2. I love this! I love seeing other people get asked because I don’t know how it feels!

3. I love seeing people getting asked to homecoming

4. i think this a very good article. I like the idea of it. Wouldn’t have thought about it.

5. I thought all of these homecoming proposals were so cute! I liked seeing all the different signs because they were all creative.